This is a mind map talking about tower defense. You can create a mind map like this effortlessly.
Similar Mind Maps
- Python - http://python.org
- Pygame - http://pygame.org
- Evaluate the possibility ofusing PyOpenGL to do thedrawing
- py2exe - http://py2exe.org
- pygame2exe -http://www.pygame.org/wiki/Pygame2exe
- Version control
- Bazaar - http://bazaar-vcs.org
- Tutorial: http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/bzr.dev/en/mini-tutorial/index.html | A recent version of the game can be found here - https://code.launchpad.net/~baxemyr/+junk/towerdefense
Install bazaar, set it up, and type &quot;bzr branch lp:~baxemyr/+junk/towerdefense&quot; in a command-line to fetch the game into your active directory. You may need to create a http://launchpad.net account (not sure). A development-history can be seen here ( http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~baxemyr/+junk/towerdefense/changes ).
Pro's: Instant, automatic access to the newest version.
No need for manually sending files, and putting it together regularly. Bazaar is simple, but this is simpler for beginners!
o Due to launchpad, this is not an imminent problem.
- * All three developers &quot;share the same folder&quot; through Dropbox.
* Risky, since everyone can, by a simple mistake, destroy for all others. How do we minimize this risk? Regular security backups? Could Marco write an automatic script for this?
* It would have been easier to see who has done what if everyone used bazaar instead, but that is demanding a bit too much, and hence only resulting in decreased efficiency.
- 600 pixels in height is max, tobe able to work on smallscreens.
- Towers 40x40px
- Creeps' movement-precision is 20x20px socreeps shouldnt really belarger, but up to about30x30 is okay because ofthe richer detail.
- Tower Placement
- Tower range
- Transparent representation
- Tower Selection
- Info in right panel
- Info in tooltip upon hover
- Purchasable Towers
- Mid-right panel
- Image buttons on side. Clicking &amp;quot;Towers&amp;quot;/&amp;quot;[B]uild&amp;quot; results in a popup widget showing with available towers for selection.The last selected tower is selected by default, and remains placable as long as your gold lasts. Changing selection ispossible until the widget is expressly closed.
- Sell/Upgrade buttons
- At the information box?
- Button tooltips
- Temporary Messages
- Popup text
- Animated upwards, withrandom x-direction
- Smaller font over time
- Possibly: Popup textwith neatbackground/frame
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Pause (menu??)
- P or Esc or Space?
- Sell button
- How to implement blood?
- Start/Goal Look
- A wall surviving 25 enemies' worth of attacks. After one attack theenemy dies from an arrow from the wall. After 25 attacks, the wall israzed, and the 5 occupying humans remains. Each human survives oneattack, and an attacking creep is slain after one attack by the rest ofthe humans. The creep attacking the last human would survivethough.
- Reducing the &quot;click-feast&quot;-effect.
- Queing of tower placement?
- Versatile keyboard shortcuts
- Smart UI-design for towerpurchasing
- Hackers and Painters
- &quot;Software Artisan&quot;
- PEP 8
- Practical TipsforIndependentGameDeveloping
- How to build a gamein a week fromscratch with nobudget
- The four golden rules tobe a better softwaredeveloper.
- Game Programming Wiki
- Make Great Shit
- Solve the tower-placementcollision issues
- Prevent placing of towers on creeps?
- Make creeps unable to move diagonally (at least through towers)
- Start Game(/Resume?)
- This affects difficulty, since largerresolutions result in larger playing-fields andthus more space in which to maze.
- Modding info?
- Point system
- Solve the tower-placementcollision issues
- Prevent placing of towersupon other towers
- Make Creeps and Towerseasy to add
- Gameplay Structure
- Tower Defense-style
- Variable creep path chosen
- The creeps cannot walk through a tower, so the player can and should create a mazeof towers, and by doing so vastly increasing the distance creeps need to walk fromspawn to goal. Pro: The funnier way Con: More challenging to implement in asatisfying way.
- A few nodes the enemies'must pass before going to thegoal.
- For zombies, these nodescould be jelly brain stations!
- Alternative was: Static creep path
- The creeps follow a predefined path, with the player building towers on the sides of the path.
Pro: Presumably simpler to implement well
Con: Less fun than #1
- Two-dimensional array of tiles, viewed from above. A bunch of creeps spawn at one end ofthe map, attempting to reach the other. The player has to construct self-autonomoustowers in between. The towers automagically fire at the creeps when in range. The creepscannot walk through a tower, so the player can and should create a maze of towers, and bydoing so vastly increasing the distance from spawn to goal.
- Levels (spawns)
- Each level
- &quot;Building pause&quot;
- 10 second countdown?
- Instant start upon key press
- Pause countdown-functionality
- Unique creep class
- Customization possibilities
- Vampire (silver-weak)
- A spawn could containrandomized looksamongst it.
- Gold yield
- New Towers
- Upgrading Towers
- Individual experience for each tower
- Global experience
- Purchasing Global modifiers
- Area of Effect
- Making Bridges?
- Would increase the variation of mazesyou could create. For example: Makea circle-maze, and then a bridgestarting in the middle of the circleand ending outside it, and then forcethe creeps to enter the circle in orderto get to the goal.
- Make it prefer weak enemies, andsecondly enemies closer to thegoal
- For example, a zombie category, Vampire category, dark magician category, evil mercenaries.
- To each category an unlimited amount of images can be added.
- Each level in the game usesa category.
- Categories are intended to be used multiple times during the course of the game.
- Each wave of enemies are made up from the images in the active category, randomly dispersed to each unit.
- Each category may have a special trait(s). Example: Vampires are fast, but might be weak against silver.
- This would make the process of adding morelevels to the game much more dynamic,without having to rely on making a new imagetoo.
- Pickle (save) game class ifgame is shut down
- Talent point rewarding system
- &quot;more Splash damage&quot;, &quot;MoreSlow effect&quot; etc.
- Allowing faster exp?
- Rewarded after a couple oflevels? each 3-4 levels you get 1point
- Allow Critical strikes on atype of tower?
- Allowing player to spamclickfor damage?^^
- Adding spells?
- &quot;Nuke&quot; - Clears the wholemap of creep-waves
- &quot;Slow&quot; - Slows every creepon a certian area/ entire map
- &quot;Single Bomb&quot; - Hits targeted creep for Xamount of damage. Increased by thenumber of towers on map.
- More Maps
- With different sets of walls.Swamps?
- Stochastic system - the system's subsequent state is determined both by the process's predictable actions and by a random element.
Although, the player is encouraged to plan the maze thoroughly. Through controllable building-pauses and a capable easing User-interface.
- Non-deterministic (mathematics) - the sameinput to the game does not neccessarilyproduce the same end.
- Proposed Tower Types Structure
- Arrow Tower
- Rapid Tower
- Frost Tower
- Ice Tower
- Ember Tower
- Fire Tower
- Aura Tower
- Rapid Fire Aura
- Improved Range Aura
- Damage Boost Aura
- Music theme?
- Creep dies
- Tower placement
- Projectiles? Might end up noisy
- Configuration file
- In-game options menu?
- Instructions on how to modcreeps/towers.
- Source code
- Text-file for the purpose?
- Text-files for storing Creep/tower attributes.Dynamically loaded on game start - passedalong as class parameters and stored in adictionary. This design decision would makethe Creep_1 , _2, _3 classes and so onapproach obsolete.
- If I get way too much time over, considermaking a GUI editor for tower and waveedits.