Science-Year 4 Living things have life cycles ACSSU072. Learning Experience 2
This mind map is about Science: Year 4 Living things have life cycles ACSSU072. Learning Experience 2. Start to use a mind map to express and organize your ideas and knowledge right now.
Similar Mind Maps
Science: Year 4 Living things have life cycles ACSSU072. Learning Experience 2
Learning and teaching Adjustments
• Ask EAL/D student to select a friend towork together with.
• Position student with behaviouralissues in corner facing away from otherstudents
• Position students with IEP close to my viewingarea so I can observe the class and help scaffoldstudents.
• Supply IEP and EAL/D students with a step by step visualreference card that has pictures to help them workindependently.
• Use step by step visual card during demonstration to helpall students make stronger connections to the stepsrequired.
• Students successfully located and opened a blank Microsoft power point document.
• Students successfully manipulated fonts
• Students successfully manipulated background colours
• Students successfully selected appropriate theme for audience and topic
• Students successfully find and inserted clip art image and adjust image size
• Students successfully save power point in their specific student folder
• Use check list recording students success and give feedback
• Anecdotal record sheet
• Collect technology work books and give feedback on reflection
1:30 10 minutes
Teaching and Learning Strategies:
• Transition students to mat area in computer lab.
• Revise life cycle science lesson. What is a life cycle, comparisons between the life cycles of animals and plants
• Discuss how to present information
• Discuss Learning goals of the lesson
1:40 40 minutes
On smart board referring to the step by step visual reference poster;
• Use step by step visual card during demonstration to help all students make stronger connections to the steps required.
• Demonstrate how to locate and open a blank Microsoft power point document from desk top
• Demonstrate how to manipulate fonts
• Demonstrate how to manipulate background colours
• Demonstrate how to select appropriate theme for audience and topic
• Demonstrate how to find and insert clip art image and adjust image size
• Demonstrate how to save power point in their specific student folder
Transition students to computers. As a whole class;
• Give EAL/D and IEP students their own step by step visual reference card
• Guide class to locate and open a blank Microsoft power point document from desk top
• Guide class to manipulate fonts
• Guide class to manipulate background colours
• Guide class how to select appropriate theme for audience and topic
• Guide class to find and insert clip art image and adjust image size
• Students will work independently for 30 minutes on power point move around to scaffold students
• Guide class to save power point in their specific student folder
2:25 10 minutes
Discuss creating a power point, question specific students;
• Challenges with selecting fonts, background colours, clip art.
• How students found solutions to the problems
• Students will record justification for choice of theme in their Technology workbook
The life cycle of frogs
An aquarium is set up in the classroom with frog eggs. Students will observe thechange in the frogs as they go through their live cycle. Students will use I Pads,cameras and a data projector to observe and record the life cycle of the frogs.Students will be responsible to feed the frogs each morning.
Cross Curricular Links
Geography Knowledge and understanding
Preparation and Resources:
• Step by step visual reference card/poster
• Check list assessment sheet
• Anecdotal record sheet
• Student’s science work file forreference notes on life cycles
• Technology workbook
• Explain what a life cycle is?
• How is the life cycle of a frog different to a human?
• How can we present information tomake it interesting?
• If we made the background white and thefont yellow how would that effect thepresentation?
• What are the features of a good presentation?
• What are the headings you will use toshow the main ideas?
• What do you like about your PP?
• Now that you have worked on your PPwhat do you think you might change?
• If your parents were to look at your powerpoint would they understand what a life cycleis?
Connection to Australian Technologiescurriculum
Year level suitability
The technology aspect of this unit focuses on skills andprocess that are appropriate for students at a year 3 level upto student in year 4
Digital Technologies Knowledge andUnderstanding
• Explore and use a range of digital systems with peripheraldevices for different purposes, and transmit different types ofdata (ACTDIK007)
• Recognise different types of data and explore how thesame data can be represented in different ways(ACTDIK008)
Digital Technologies Processes andProduction Skills
• Collect, access and present different types of data usingsimple software to create information and solve problems(ACTDIP009)
• Define simple problems, and describe and follow asequence of steps and decisions (algorithms) needed tosolve them (ACTDIP010)
• Work with others to plan the creation and communicationof ideas and information safely, applying agreed ethical andsocial protocols (ACTDIP013)