33 1 1
This is a mind map about Matter.
Similar Mind Maps
- pure substance
- Contain only the one sort of atom.
- Positive charge-found in the nucleus.
- Negative charge. Spin aroundoutside the nucleus
- No charge. Found in the nucleus.
- Number of protons andneutrons the same each sortof atom.
- periodic table
- non metals -top right
- metals -left side
- element symbols -you must learnthe ones you're supposed toknow.
- Made of different sorts ofatoms that have joined inset numbers.
- Hard to get back the differentkinds of atoms.
- Contain more than one substance.
- The different substanceshaven't joined up.
- Easy to separate out thedifferent substances.
- Separating a liquid from a solidthat's sitting in it.
- Pouring something from offthe top of another substance.
- Letting the water evaporate awayfrom something that's dissolved init.
- Separating liquids withdifferent boiling points.
- Spinning something veryfast-heavy particles thrown to thebotton.
- Using a magnet to pick up ironfrom other stuff that's notmagnetic.
- When one thing dissolves in another.
- solvent-does the dissolving.
- solute-what dissolves.
- No more solute will dissolve.
- concentrated (strong)
- Lots of solute and not much solvent.
- dilute (weak)
- Lots of solvent and not much solute.
- When something doesn't dissolves
- miscible (mixable)-when twoliquids and mix in with each other
- Liquids that won't mixtogether.
- Things that matter is or has.
- The average kinetic(movement) energy of theparticles.
- How much space it takes up.
- How many particles (mass)there are in a certain space.
- melting point
- At what temperature does itturn to a liquid.
- boiling point
- At what temperature does itturn to a gas.
- Is it a good conductor of heator electricity?
- solid to liquid
- liquid to gas
- liquid to gas
- solid to gas
- gas to liquid
- liquid to solid
- particles close together
- Particles stay in one place
- Particles further apart.
- Particles move quite a bit(randomly).
- Particles a long way apart.
- Particles move lots.