Mind Map Tutorial: How to Make a Mind Map
Mind mapping is essential for a person to think clearly and brainstorm new ideas about anything. It is a very healthy practice that can help you to bring out new ideas by thinking about them and put it on a colorful map so that it becomes easy for you to memorize. Mind mapping is important for everyone because it helps to create and take notes from new ideas, and storing those keywords in a map will help you think about them easily without forgetting them.
If you don’t know how to make a mind map, then you have come to the right place. With the help of this article, you’ll understand all the basics of a mind map, learn to create a mind map online, and get free tips for making mind maps easily. So without wasting any time, let’s get it!
Basics of a Mind Map
Creating a mind map online is not easy if you don’t know how to make a mind map. But before that, you must know the main basics of a mind map. Without knowing the essential points, you won’t be able to make a mind map successfully. Here are the basics of a mind map that you must follow –
- It would help if you had the main idea focused at the center of the mind map.
- Secondly, your main idea will spread through different branches of ideas.
- Each branch will consist of a keyword that will define a subtopic.
- Less important topics or ideas will spread from main topics to small branches eventually.
- All the branches and the main idea in the center will form a diagram or map structure that will consist of colorful boxes and images. This colorful them will help you to remember and brainstorm the mind map quickly.
How to Make a Mind Map
Now let’s get to the main part where we can learn how to create a mind map easily. A perfect mind map tutorial can help you achieve greater success in creating mind maps with ease. There are many tools available that can help you to make a mind map. In this part, we are going to introduce you to EdrawMind, the best software that can help you to create amazing mind maps in no time.
It has all kinds of advanced features and fantastic options that will help you create top-class mind maps without even being an expert. If you are an expert or a newbie, EdrawMind will allow you to create phenomenal mind maps with all its colorful themes, styles, structures, and clip art, etc. Here is how to make a mind map online.
Step 1: Visit the online web portal of EdrawMind, then register and log in for a new account using your email. First, you need to take the main idea and put it in the center of the mind map. To do it, open a new template by clicking on the New option and selecting any template available on the window. We have chosen the Radial Map, for example.
Step 2: You will get a new window open in your browser, where you’ll find the main idea in the center and options to add new branch ideas. Then create branches from the main idea to insert secondary ideas in the mind map. These secondary ideas will spread from the main idea.
Step 3: Add more keywords or sub-branches from the min branches of your mind map.
Step 4: Add different colors and images for each idea or blank box so that the whole map becomes easier to brainstorm and understand. You can also create relations between branches and sub-branches by using signs.
Tips for Making Mind Maps
With the help of the previous part’s mind map tutorial, you can easily create a mind map on your computer or online. Still, you should know some tips and tricks that will help you to move forward. Here are 4 different tips for you, so that you can use the full potential of EdrawMind and create high-quality mind maps.
- If you are new to mind maps, then you should start using EdrawMind. It’s really easy to learn and use for novice users. It also offers pre-made templates that will help you build up your mind map from scratch, without even overthinking about the map template.
- If you’re not artistically inclined, then EdrawMind has abundant formatting and styling tools. You can either use those tools to create your own designed map according to your choice. Also, you must understand that the point of making mind maps isn't in designing works of art. It’s about how you are creating the idea that can be easily understood through the map.
- If you work not in the office but from home, then you can use the online version of EdrawMind from this link easily – (https://www.edrawmind.com/online/). The options may seem a little different at first, but the functionality is the same as the desktop version.
- If you want to map with your team, then you can use the feature of collaboration from EdrawMind. You will find this feature in the web version of EdrawMind. It will allow you to create your favorite mind map with your remote team members together.
Free Mind Map Templates
Here are 4 free mind map templates for you that you can use to create an eye-catching mind map easily.
Sales Strategies Mind Map Template
SWOT Mind Map Template
Global Warming Mind Map Template
English Parts Speech Mind Map Template
This article is a clear mind map tutorial for everyone who doesn’t know how to make a mind map. With the help of the basic information about mind mapping, the step by step guide on how to create a mind map, special tips and free mind map templates will help you become an expert in mind mapping. Start using EdrawMind to easily learn how to make a mind map online in no time.