What's New in EdrawMind
Versatile Mind Mapping Tool
Various Types of Maps
Based on mind maps, also include timelines, bubble maps, etc
Superior File Compatibility
Allow you to export your files to any other file format you need.
Support Multiple Devices
Available on PC, tablet, mobile and web. Support Windows, iOS, MacOS, Android, Linux, etc.
Collaborate Anytime, Anywhere
Collaborate with team members in real time, on anywhere, on any devices.
EdrawMind V10.6.2 - MAY 31, 2023
1. AI one-click multi-level mind map creation: Simply input a sentence, and the AI assistant will create a multi-level mind map.
2. Pre-scenario AI creation: Provides various pre-scenario AI creation options, such as brainstorming, copywriting, SWOT analysis, etc.
3. AI continuous dialogue: Turn on the continuous dialogue feature by clicking the AI robot in the lower left corner of the workspace and converse freely with the AI assistant.
4. Smart annotation: After selecting a topic, choose the Smart annotation feature in the AI generated chatbot menu. The AI Assistant will analyze the content of the topic and insert an explanation as an annotation on that topic.
EdrawMind V10.5.3 - APR 25, 2023
1. The new function of OCR Image Recognition only takes one click to extract the text in the image into text content, click [Advanced]-[OCR] to get started!
2. The new Outline Mode is launched, greatly improving editing performance. At the same time, the newly launched paper mode and custom background function support setting paper transparency and Gaussian blur. Come and create your exclusive outline mode workspace!
3. Same-level Theme Alignment and Theme Overlay functions allow you to easily handle all vertical mind map styles.
4. The new function of Personal Template allows you to create a template and reuse it with one click. Find it in [File] - [Save As] - [Personal Template] to make drawing more efficient! Create your personalized template now!
5. The Third-Party Resource Library function Pexels, Emoji, allows you to use millions of resource materials for free, so as to enrich your mind map. This function can be find on "More" - [Third-Party Material Library] .
6. The Tag Function has been upgraded to make inserting labels more convenient. At the same time, the Tag color is more customizable, the Tag style is more beautiful, and the theme management and filtering are more efficient.
7. Added Style Following and Style Reset functions. After enabling this function, the styles of newly added themes and sub-themes will follow the last setting by default.
8. Optimize the mind map background function. When adding a local picture as the background of the mind map, it will be tiled to the entire canvas by default to make the effect more beautiful.
9. Upgrade the Shortcut Setting Bar function, the shortcut bar supports temporary hiding and fixing, and the shortcut bar will no longer block your sight and will be a good helper for your style settings.
10. Added View Navigation function. Click the " View Navigation " function in the lower right corner of the editing area, you can have a panoramic view of the map context, try it out!
EdrawMind V10.5.2 - APR 04, 2023
1. With the new OCR feature, simply go to Advanced > OCR to recognize and extract text from images with just one click.
2. Enhance your editing experience with our new Outline Mode. With the addition of Paper Mode and Background Customization feature, you can adjust paper transparency and Gaussian blur to create a personalized canvas under the Outline Mode.
3. The new Alignment With Sibling Topic and Topic Overlap features facilitate seamless editing of mind maps in the vertical display.
4. Go to File > Save As > Personal Template and use the new Personal Template feature for an enhanced mind mapping experience. This feature enables you to save your mind map style as a template for future use.
5. Explore our new free third-party resources libraries, Pexels and Emoji, by clicking Home > More > Third-Party Resources. With millions of resources available, you can add endless creativity to your mind maps.
6. The brand-new Tag feature streamlines tag addition and enables color customization.
7. The new Style Follow and Reset Style features support automatically applying the last style settings to newly generated topics.
8. Optimize the Mind Map Background feature to make the newly added background image fit to the page screen by default.
9. Optimize the Mini Toolbar by incorporating a collapsible/pin feature to prevent obstructing the user's view.
10. Click the Map Overview button located in the bottom right corner of the page to check the logic of mind maps quickly.
EdrawMind V10.0.8 - DEC 08, 2022
1. Improved the interaction of export features;
2. Fixed the problem that text disappeared after importing FreeMind files;
3. Fixed the problem that custom themes displayed abnormally;
EdrawMind V10.0.7 - NOV 22, 2022
1. Fixed the display problem of files with image watermark after sharing and publishing;
2. Fixed the abnormal text setting problem when the canvas is not 100%;
3. Fixed some crashes and known issues;
EdrawMind V10.0.6 - OCT 26, 2022
1. Go to File > Options > Save and now you can change the default storage location for backup files;
2. Upgrade the User Interface of the Options window;
3. Support using Format Painter across pages and documents;
4. Support copying from MS Word and Excel and pasting to a table in EdrawMind;
5. Support changing the font size in one cell in a table;
6. Fixed the problem of abnormal display of custom themes;
7. Fixed the problem of abnormal DPI scaling in multiple monitors;
8. Fixed the problem of abnormal program launches in some cases;
9. Fixed some crashes and known issues;
EdrawMind V10.0.2 - SEP 2, 2022
1. Add frosted glass effect in all-new UI design;
2. Recategorize functions in ribbon;
3. "Help" is split into "Help Center" and "Account". Click "Help Center" in the upper right corner to find the software-related tutorial;
4. Click "File" > "Account" to check activation, deactivation, and update;
5. Find Gantt Chart Settings from "Advanced" > "Task";
6. View "Find & Replace" and "Font Symbol" in "Home";
7. Select any topic in the map, and the mini toolbar will show up. You can quickly change the style, font, shape, and color of the topic. Click "More" to close the toolbar, and it will be hidden;
8. Brand new Task Pane with new categories;
9. Optimize file saving function and support Auto-save. You can turn off Auto-save or set the duration in "Options";
10. Newly add the "All Pages" option in "Find & Replace", and the engine will show the search result found across all pages;
11. Fixed some other crashes and known issues;
EdrawMind V9.0.10 - Dec 29, 2021
1. Now you can run multiple instances of EdrawMind on one computer at the same time;
2. Added a new quick entry for mind map creation;
3. Now you can switch and confirm the selected pop-up button through the shortcut keys: Tab and Enter;
4. Optimized software upgrade experiences;
5. Optimized the experience of outline editing and exporting;
6. Fixed some display problems when opening a note in special cases;
7. Fixed some adaptation problems when connecting an external monitor;
8. Fixed the display issue of outline and frame when printing branches;
9. Fixed some other crashes and known issues.
EdrawMind V9.0.6 - Oct 15, 2021
1. Now you can batch import mutiple Word, and other files at once;
2. Now you can upload your files to the cloud via drag and drop;
3. Now you can print just a portion of a mind map;
4. Now you can set the default width of topic;
5. Now you can set the default position after inserting the picture;
6. Optimized the interactive experience of the rating pop-up window when it is closed;
7. Optimized the table function, now you can click on it to edit, change the color of selected text, etc;
8. Optimized cloud file saving, fixed the error when saving large files in some cases;
9. Optimized the experience of Hyperlink and Comment;
10. Fixed the problem that the content of the historical version is inconsistent with the thumbnail in some cases;
11. Fixed some crashes and known issues.
EdrawMind V9.0.1 - Aug 5, 2021
1. Integrated Customer Service Chatbot;
2. Added multiple configurable shortcuts (Ctrl+S, F1...);
3. Added new shortcuts: Ctrl+Alt+D (Highlight Text), Alt+Enter (Wrap Text)；
4. Support to select, format, and indent/outdent multiple items in Outliner;
5. Fixed the display issue in Outliner when the map has too many levels;
6. Fixed the issue that the inserted images of mind maps appear blurry after exporting;
7. Fixed some other known issues.
EdrawMind V9.0.0 - June 28, 2021
1. Outline 2.0 - Brand new outline feature, more powerful outline editing;
2. Support branch free positioning in Advanced Layout, which allows you to move the main topics freely;
3. Refactored the file storage mechanism;
4. Brand new UI, better user experience;
5. Now you can drag the canvas with the mouse while holding down the spacebar;
6. Fishbone diagram, timeline and other structures are now available for all users;
7. Fixed some crashes and known issues.
EdrawMind V8.5.5 - June 1, 2021
1. Added 2 new numbering styles;
2. Support text alignment in Table;
3. Optimized the experience of sharp resizing;
4. Adjusted the interaction of hyperlink and attachment openning;
5. Optimized the experience of the software update;
6. Optimized the experience of the software activation;
7. Optimized PDF export and fixed some incompatibility issues;
8. Optimized the experience of search result in community;
9. Optimized the experience of map publishing;
10. Added a community entrance to the New menu;
11. Support right-click to publish, share, and export files from Cloud;
12. Fixed some problems of Gantt chart;
13. Fixed the caching problem of communities and cloud files (content not updating);
14. Fixed some known crashes and other problems.
EdrawMind V8.5.1 - Jan 8, 2021
1. Successfully reduce embeded web pages' loading time by 40%.
2. Redesign attractive themes, remake high-quality clip arts, and optimize old UI controls to help you create beautiful mind maps.
3. Support to insert tables into mind maps.
4. Corrections and improvements in many small details.
5. Fix the crash issue that happens in certain situations.
1. Add a new Mind Map Gallery to help you find the inspiration when you create a mind map.
2. Corrections and improvements in many small details.
3. Fix the crash issue that happens in certain situations.
1. Update software logo.
2. Corrections and improvements in many small details.
3. Fix the crash issue that happens in certain situations.
1. Fix the Google login issue.
2. Fix the issue of losing images in the rich text area field.
3. You can now import Word tables into EdrawMind.
1. Now you can create, export, publish and share multiple pages in one mind map document.
2. Password Protection: Now you can protect your map with a password. Add, modify and remove the password with ease.
3. Now you can import FreeMind files.
4. Now you can import Word, HTML and Markdown files. Transform your Word / HTML / Markdown file into a mind map instantly!
5. Now you can adjust the size of the image that is inserted in the note.
6. Now you can adjust the size of the image that is pasted in the node.
7. Formula Editor: Now you can create formulas in EdrawMind by using Formula Editor.
8. Corrections and improvements in many small details.
9. Fix the crash issue that happens in certain situations.
1. EdrawMind's newest UI is a pretty drastic change compared to its past versions.
2. Now you can import the Zen files to EdrawMind.
3. Now you can choose to paste text using the formatting of the source.
4. You can double-click an inserted image file to open it by default in Preview.
5. Now you can drag file name labels to switch the document positions.
6. Now you can add watermarks to pictures, customize watermarks, and preview pictures with watermarks.
7. Speed up searching, opening, saving, and copying files.
8. Improve the performance of exporting EdrawMind files to Evernote files.
1. Optimized auto-backup function.
2. Print settings could be saved.
3. Support inserting excel cells to the topics.
4. Adding promp dialogue when exiting from note.
1. Add search feature for tags, notes and comments.
2. Add Google Drive.
3. Support custom shortcuts.
4. Optimize the start up speed.
5. Fix an issue of upgrading to new version failure when check for update in software.
6. Fix an issue of opening Cloud files failure.
1. Support custom theme, and update 33 themes.
2. Add three new free layouts: Circular Map, Bubble Map, Sector Map.
3. New style clip art.
4. New style UI.
5. Cloud server transfers to AWS.
6. Add DropBox.
7. Right click to manage Tag.
8. Drag to align floating topics.
9. Fix some bugs.
10. Learn more at New Release! EdrawMind V7.0
1.Added EdrawMind Community - a place to share mind maps to each other. (View EdrawMind V6.5 Features)
2. Added brainstorming mode. There is a board on the left to quickly collect all the ideas and a timer to keep things on track.
3. Mind Maps are editable in the full-screen mode.
4. Topic margins are customizable.
5. You can choose to center or upper the content on print page.
6. Improved the User Information center.
7. Supports to export the mind maps to EverNote.
8. Supports to set network proxy.
9. Improved the result of exporting mind map to Excel.
10. Double click on the blank area to quickly add floating button.
12. The added Boundary and Summary can be further resized to cover more or less topics.
11. The drawing board now moves automatically when typing long sentences.
13. Quickly select same type of topics.
14. Quickly set recent colors.
15. Fixed the bug of exporting Gantt charts.
1. Added Fishbone layout.
2. Added Winding Timeline, Horizontal Timeline and Vertical Timeline layout.
3. The width of topic box can be adjusted by dragging the right-side border.
4. Added collapsed and expanded function in presentation mode.
5. Improved note function. Notes can be pinned on anywhere of the canvas, and when it's pinned, it can be exported, printed or presented.
6. Added the image fill feature to fully fill a topic box with only an image.
7. Support to insert relative hyperlinks.
8. Added the feature to simultaneously set text fonts for peer topics together at once.
9. Optimized part of theme styles.
10. Fixed the bugs of the Drill feature.
11. Improved part of keyboard shortcuts.
12. Added new theme styles and examples for mind maps, fishbones, and timelines.
View features of EdrawMind V6.0 from EdrawMind Features Page