Mind Map Gallery How the Steel Was Tempered
This is a mind map about book "How the Steel Was Tempered". The story is a fictionalized autobiography of its author, Nikolai Ostrovsky. In real life, Ostrovsky's father died, and his mother worked as a cook. As he joined the war with the Red Army, he lost his right eye from artillery fire during the war.Edited at 2021-09-15 07:52:06
"How the Steel Was Tempered"
Author and Works
"How the Steel Was Tempered"
"Born by the Storm"
Based on the author’s own experience, through describing the process of the protagonist Pavel Kochagin’s growth from an ordinary worker’s child to a proletarian revolutionary hero, it shows that Russia has started from the First World War, through the October Revolution, and the civil war. A broad picture of the economic recovery period.
The novel commends Pavel for the best spiritual qualities of that era.
Dedication to ideals, iron will and noble quality of tenacious struggle
It praised the revolutionary spirit of the Soviet youth who struggled stubbornly to defend the revolutionary regime and restore the national economy.
One Sentence Comment
The Model of Idealism and the Guidance of Life
1. 12-year-old Pavel threw soot into the priest's dough and was expelled from school. He went to work in the canteen of the station, tortured and insulted. Later, because he forgot to turn off the faucet, he was beaten to death and was fired.
2. Pavel went to a power plant as an apprentice, got acquainted with Zhukhrai, Zhukhrai taught him boxing, and told him about revolutionary principles.
3. During a fishing trip, Pavel got acquainted with the forest officer's daughter Tonia and later visited Tonia's house as a guest.
4. Zhukhrai was arrested, and Pavel ran into the escorted bandits on the road. He seized the opportunity to rush to save Zhukhrai, but he was sent to prison by Victor.
5. In prison, Pavel withstood torture and was misplaced and escaped.
6. Pavel fled to Tonia's house, and Tonia and her brother Artem sent Pavel to the battlefield together.
7. Pavel was extremely brave on the battlefield. Injured his thigh, contracted typhoid fever, and returned to the army without healed.
Born in a poor Ukrainian railway worker family, he lost his father in his early years and was very poor
I rely on my mother to do laundry and cooking for people’s livelihood, and it didn’t improve until my brother worked.
Later work in the Provincial Anti-Revolutionary Committee
His wife is Daya Kochakina, his third lover
Tenacious, hardworking, forge ahead, brave, dedicated, tolerant, honest, strong, not succumbed to fate
Self-sacrifice spirit, tenacious will, unwavering faith, passion for reading
Paul’s first love, the daughter of a forest officer
Pure and kind, beautiful
Communist, a strong Red Army soldier, good at leading and organizing the masses
He united the workers and educated countless young people in the revolutionary struggle.
Paul grew up through his education and training
A train driver, fitter, chairman of the city Soviet
Is Zhukhrai's best assistant
He possesses the noble qualities of the working class, and has fought unremittingly with the enemy.
An excellent Communist Party member is the object of Paul's dear love
Beautiful, witty, simple and capable in dressing, kind and firm in heart.
Passionate about work, good at making suggestions, able to actively respond to emergencies, Don't let personal feelings affect the work
She loves the communism she believes in, and she cooperates with Paul well
How the Steel Was Tempered
"Steel" stands for the strong proletarian revolutionary fighter
"Cultivated" refers to: Paul's childhood that experienced suffering in his life
Fighting on the battlefield, emotional ups and downs, training on the construction site, and countless pains and tortures
With his dedication to ideals, iron will and excellent qualities of tenacious struggle, Overcoming pain and training, he grew up as a strong proletarian revolutionary fighter.