Mind Map Gallery Fleetwood Mac Dreams
This is a mind map that contains information about the Fleetwood mac dreams.Edited at 2020-10-08 05:48:07
Fleetwood Mac Dreams
- 3/4 Time signature
- 124 BPM
- G Key
- There are only two main chords to thesong and the instruments shift betweenthese chords throughout with someinstruments like the bass guitar alteringthe flow slightly.
- F and G in broken chord
- Electric guitar changesto Am G6 for the chorus
- Lead Melody is held by the Piano carryingon throughout playing the broken chords
- Stevie Nicks applies vocals to the track andholds the melody when singing
- Even though the song is a pop song itsquite haunting at some points withStevie's overlapping vocals.
- However there are quite a fewparts to the song so it doesn'tget too boring to repeat.
- The song doesn't change speed butover the span of the song there aremore instruments and layers of vocalsadded
Texture & Timbre
- Instruments used:
- The pre chorus is brightened by the addition of avibraphone and conga drums. These are barelynoticeable but add to the overall effect.
- The song is very smooth and hauntingbefore it hits a lively chorus while in keepingwith its deep and mellow vibe.
- The drums have these tappinghi-hats that carry on without failthrough the entirety of the song.
- The track is fully polyphonic with always beingslightly full of sound and layers with multipleinstruments and vocals in the key parts of thesong.
- The hi-hats have a phaser on them to makea more "wooshy" sound
- This gives them a more hypnotic sound.Adding to the dream theme.
- Many of these instruments were pusheddown and made more bass so that the highfrequency hi-hats and vocals stood outamong the low tones.
- The other thing that sticks out is the whiningelectric guitar.
- The lyrics were written by Stevie Nicks
- After her break-up withbandmate Lindsy
- She had to perform this song with him
- Due to its success they had torelive their relationship endingon stage for the next 40 years
- Layered Vocals
- Stevie tells Lindsey to be free from her andstop blaming her for him being held back
"You say you want your freedom"
- Lindseys guitar weeps in the backgroundand he gets told to listen to the sound ofloneliness and what thats telling him
"Only right you should play the wayyou feel it"
- This line is in reference to the pounding kickdrum that continues through the songacting like a heartbeat carrying on and on.
"Like a heartbeat drives you mad"
- In this case that consistent heartbeat is just aconstant reminder of the love that he lost,driving him mad.
"What you had and what you lost and whatyou had and what you lost"