Mind Map Gallery
A synthesis essay mind map outline, created by Giuseppe Pinto.
You can easily create your own mind map with EdrawMind.
Background information on topic (often found in texts)
Overall point of view of the topic (thesis)
Overview of ideas to be discussed (essay map)
1. Topic sentence outlining your first main point
2. Sentences giving explanations and providing evidence to support topic sentence
3. Concluding sentence – link to next paragraph
1. Topic sentence outlining your second main idea
2. Sentences giving explanations and providing evidence to back topic sentence
Following body paragraphs
These follow the same structure for as many main ideas as you need to outline
Summary of the main points of the body
Restatement of the main point of view
Explain why the docs were relevant source material for the discussion