Mind Map Gallery
Argumentative Essay Mind Map
An argumentative essay is an essay that uses evidence and facts to support the claim it's making.
Introducing the topic
- e.g. "The aim of this essay is todemonstrate..."
Providing some backgroundinformation
- e.g. "In recent years considerablereasearch was done in the fieldof..."
Giving a reason why the issueaffects the reader
- e.g. "Almost all of us would benefit from..."
Start with an opinion
- e.g. "In my view..."
Add additional explanations
- e.g. "In fact, ..."
Summarise what you have said at the end
- e.g. "This all sugests that ..."
Begin your second paragraph with a contrast
- e.g. "However, ..."
Summarise your point of view of the topic
- e.g. "As we have seen ..."
Perhaps recommend future action
- e.g. "It might also be interesting to see ..."